Happy Friday, friends! Who’s ready to get this weekend started? Me, me, me!!! I’m actually off work today for Good Friday, so this is an especially GREAT weekend. How effing adorable is that picture below???
1. Anyone have any fun plans for Easter or just for celebrating the weekend? Tomorrow my nieces are coming over to paint Easter eggs…. love these family traditions. Then we’re planning to roast hot dogs and marshmallows around the fire pit. There will definitely be s’mores involved.
2. Who else is just a little excited about the Gone Girl movie coming out in October? The first trailer has been released and let me tell ya, it looks intense. Wow! Can’t wait! I’ve actually thought about rereading the book. It’s been so long since I’ve read it, that I’ve forgotten so much, but I hear the movie differs from the book. Anyone else considering a reread?
3. Speaking of intense books…. I just finished The Silent Wife. Be on the lookout for a review, this weekend. I finally read a book all the way through that didn’t bore me to tears. I’m out of my reading funk! And I’ve started After Her…. I’m only on chapter 2, but I’m thinking I’m on a reading roll!
4. What do you usually think about while you’re working out? If you’re a runner, then you have plenty of time to let those thoughts flow. This post is pretty funny…. have you ever thought any of those things? And this post is serious and actually gives you ideas of things to think about while exercising to keep yourself from getting bored. By the way, I mostly only read food, lifestyle or fitness blogs; but this is one blog that is mostly about positive thinking and I really enjoy it. Check it out!
5. I have a little something special for you, too! The people from Conscious Cleanse shipped me a couple of Conscious Cleanse books by mistake. Instead of asking me to send them back, they suggested that I give them to my lovely readers. Simply comment, telling me that you’d like to win a copy of the Conscious Cleanse book. I’ll pick two winners on Tuesday, 4/22. If you’d like to know more about the Conscious Cleanse, I have a whole page devoted to recipes and my thoughts here—> http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/conscious-cleanse/ By the way, this book is the whole Conscious Cleanse plan, plus lots of Conscious Cleanse recipes.
Something to think about…..
What’s going on? Any fun plans this weekend?
Have you read Gone Girl, The Silent Wife or After Her? If so, tell me your thoughts.
Do you think about any certain thing while you’re working out? If I’m running, my mind definitely goes in 100 different directions, but if I’m lifting, I’m pretty focused on the weights.
Have a FAB Friday and a wonderful Easter weekend!!! Don’t forget to comment, to enter to win the Conscious Cleanse book!
Whether you’re a vegetarian or you just enjoy eating meatless one or two days a week; it’s extremely important to make sure that you’re getting enough protein to support the needs of your body. Protein is vital for building and maintaining muscle, fighting off disease and keeping energy levels high, so you can stay alert […]
Hello! Welcome to What I Ate Wednesday Sunday. I did quite a bit of recipe creation this past weekend, so I ate pretty good…. win-win! My morning always starts with coffee and my choice of late is the DELICIOUS Coconut Mocha k-cup. After one cup of joe, it’s time for breakfast and another hug in […]
Good Morning, friends! I’m on quite the breakfast kick. Pancakes, waffles and now muffins! And, you could say I’m on quite a coconut flour kick too. While it’s not the easiest to bake with; it sure made for a lovely Morning Glory Muffin. Speaking of coconut flour; let’s talk a little about this gluten free, […]
Happy Monday, friends! Hope everyone’s weekend was super fabulous! I had a great one, myself…. date night with the boys, plenty of recipe creation, great workouts and scrumptious eats. Just a little something to tempt you…. I’ll get to the recipe at the end of the post. And if the post gets a too boring, […]
Have I got a treat for you! Now, I’m well aware that I’m not the first to post the two ingredient pancake and there are tons of recipe ideas for the two ingredient pancake floating around the blogosphere. However, since this is one of my favorite pancake recipes…. heck, one of my very favorite breakfast meals, […]
Hello, lovelies!! It’s What I Ate Wednesday day!! Because I have had a long day *got new runners* with not much time for blogging and now I need to help Madelyn with a school project; we’re going to do this “What I Wish I Ate Wednesday” style. Oh….. and it’s all about the chocolate. Head on over […]
Good morning, friends! Welcome to another edition of Fit Tip Tuesday. Today, we’re talking about why it’s important for all of you girlies to get your butts in the weight room. I’ll be honest with you; I haven’t always been a big proponent of strength training. I’ve known it to be good for bone health and […]
Happy Monday, lovelies! Was your weekend great? Are you ready for another work/school week? My weekend was FANTASTIC and I guess I’m as ready as I’m ever going to be to get this week started. Best to start it off marvelously, right? Let’s take a look at all of the marvelous stuff going on in my […]
Hello, beautiful blog readers! I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend. Mine’s been great! Yesterday, Landen had his last gymnastics meet of the season; the state meet. It turned out to be his best meet of the season and he took the silver medal for vault. Whoohoo!!! (He’s the one in the middle on the […]
TGIF! I actually had a great and very productive week (at work), but, of course, I’m always ready for the weekend. I’m pretty sure work is going to be crazy busy until the end of the school year….40 more days (with the students), but who’s counting? “5 Things Friday” posts are quick and easy and […]