Has enough time went by from the holidays to start incorporating a few sweet treats here and there? I sure hope so because you guys are going to love these lighter buttery cookies. They truly are the best ever skinny sun butter cookies!
Don’t worry if you’re trying to be all good and everything- watching what you eat, keeping the calories down and increasing your veggie intake. We all get a cookie craving now and then and these skinny sun butter cookies are the cookie for you. At only 73 calories per cookie and good-for-you ingredients, there’s no shame in popping a couple of these little gems. They work well as a pre-workout snack or a little after dinner dessert!
If you don’t have sun butter hanging around in the pantry, any nut or seed butter will work fine and be equally delicious. I’m just such a fan of a good sun butter and that’s what I had on-hand. Plus, these work so well for those of you with peanut or nut allergies. I know there are also some classrooms and/or schools that are peanut free due to allergies, but sun butter cookies would totally be allowed. Your kiddos will thank you… mine did!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: 20 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Little pillows of deliciousness and the perfect combination of sweet and salty richness!
- 1/4 cup creamy sun butter (can use natural and can use other nut/seed butters too)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (can use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, spelt or all-purpose flour (spoon in cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, Silpat mat or cooking spray.
- Use an electric mixer to cream sun butter and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add brown (or coconut) sugar; beat until combined. Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until creamy.
- Fluff or sift flour and then spoon into measure cup. If you use your measuring cup to scoop out flour, you will end up with too much flour.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixing bowl and beat on low speed until combined.
- Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll small spoonfuls of cookie dough into balls, rolling each ball between your hands. Roll balls in sugar to coat them completely.
- Place cookie balls 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake until cookies begin to puff up slightly, 11-12 minutes, until cookies just brown around the edges and crackle on top. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool at least 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring cookies to rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information calculated with the ingredients I used- sun butter, coconut sugar and whole wheat pastry flour.
Something to think about…
Have you ever tried sunflower seed butter? People rave about Trader Joe’s brand, but I love this sun butter.
**1 Comment** Filed Under: Uncategorized Tagged With: almond butter cookies, best ever peanut butter cookies, dessert, easy peanut butter cookies, healthier peanut butter cookies, low-calorie cookies, skinny sun butter cookies, sun butter cookies
Looking for game changing snacks for Game Day- something new, a little lighter and super simple to throw together? You will love this Skinny Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad! It’s full of fabulous flavors, sure to please a crowd and couldn’t be easier to create. With this skinny Greek yogurt chicken salad you can totally stick to those 2015 […]
This grilled chicken barbecue salad is a party on your plate and full of mind-blowing flavor. It’s a smart salad that comes together super quick and will please the whole family! I have to be honest with you guys- I’ve never been real into barbecue sauce. I’ve always thought it’s just okay. But then I gave Kraft […]
Hello, friendly faces! How is everyone’s week shapen up? All I can say is I sure am glad it’s a short week, for me. This girl who never gets sick, has a cough that just won’t go away… ugh! Enough about me, though. Lets get to the good stuff- FOOD! It’s What I Ate Wednesday […]
Hi, guys and happy Tuesday! Okay- we’re more than halfway through the first month of the year. How are those 2015 goals coming along? Are you still sticking with your plan? How are you making your move? Hopefully you’re not being too hard on yourself, but instead, making smart choices every day, for your health […]
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, PEOPLE StyleWatch® and Real Simple® but all my opinions are my own. #PMedia #NewYearMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV I’m such a magazine person. In fact, even though I love to read, I would actually prefer to snuggle up with a good magazine rather than […]
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewBreakfastRoutine #CollectiveBias Did you set any goals or resolutions for the new year? I never set resolutions, but I typically always have several goals I’m working to reach. It’s awesome to have goals in mind; however, if you […]
I don’t know about you, but weeknights are so hectic and exhausting. I’ve got two kids in after school activities, I typically like to get in a workout and by dinnertime- I’m beat. I created this roundup of 20 clean and easy meals to give me a variety of go-to dinner ideas that are quick, […]
Are you head-over-heels for pancakes, but prefer an easier, less hands on, portable breakfast? These scrumptious chocolate chip pancake poppers are the perfect breakfast treat! Consider yourself warned, though… once you start popping, you just can’t stop! You guys know how picky my little hand model is… yes, even picky about pancakes. Well, she devoured […]
Hi guys! Welcome to What I Ate Wednesday, a survey and a giveaway- lots of good stuff going on today!! I need your help- answer a few questions for your chance to win Quest Bars and Nuttzo! 2015 is well underway and not only do I have a few fitness goals, but I also have […]
Hey, friends! How’s it shakin’? I hope everyone’s week is off to a fantastic start. Yesterday, was definitely a Monday for me. I woke up to an error message on the blog… ugh. Come to find out there were malicious files detected within the site and supposedly it is related to the hacking of Sony. […]