What would Thanksgiving be without a sweet pumpkin dessert? If you’re not really feeling the pumpkin pie or just want another sweet pumpkin treat to munch on; this is your perfect go-to recipe. You can have these made and out of the oven in about 30 mins. If your kiddos aren’t really into pumpkin pie, try these, I can pretty much bet you they’ll gobble them up.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free oats, if desired)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup xylitol (sugar or brown sugar will also work) (If you desire super sweet, increase to ¾ cup, but taste the dough first and then decide.)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (any oil will work) (applesauce may also work, but I have not tried it)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (for gluten-free & vegan, use Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 8X8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Throw everything in a food processor, except the chocolate chips. Process until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter into baking pan and bake for 25-30 mins.
Since we’re talking pumpkin sweets, I want to fill you in on a way that you can get some Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies and help a great cause. I’m delighted to share with you that Susan from susanairheart.wordpress.com is hosting an online auction for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I was a frequent reader of Susan’s blog when she was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer over a year ago. Luckily, she is in remission and will be traveling to Scotland, in 5 months, to run a half marathon for the society’s Team In Training.
Please go over and bid on some yummy Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies, here! Also, check out some of the other awesome items up for grabs! Be quick, the auction ends 11/16 at 11 pm ET.
Have a great Thursday! Officially 1 week until Thanksgiving!