Howdy, guys! Welcome to my crazy busy life! That’s right… things are definitely getting crazy up in here.
- My job is a must and is REALLY busy, right now.
- Blogging is something that I love, so I’m using the little bit of free time I have for recipe creation, food photography and other various blog needs.
- The kiddos have afterschool activities; which are a good 40 minutes away from our house…. hence all of the trips to Starbucks that I make to kill time. Landen has gymnastics 3 days a week and Madelyn typically has horse lessons 3-4 times a week depending on the weather.
- Family time is a priority.
- Exercise is also a priority. Previously I’ve mentioned continuing my marathon training and completing another marathon in February, but I’ve decided this just isn’t practical right now. I will be running the ZOOMA half marathon in April and I think that will most likely be the only race that I run this year. (Run with me in Austin, TX in April and get 10% off registration with code TXAMB4.)
So, how is this crazy busy woman staying sane with so much going on?
- Stay positive and don’t take for granted the wonderfulness in your life. It’s a good thing to be busy…. that means your in demand or needed. Your important!
- Learn to delegate. I have a hard time giving responsibilities to others, especially at work. I’m really independent and get in the mindset that “I can do it better”.
- Don’t multitask ineffectively. If you concentrate on one task at a time, studies show you will do a better job at completing that task. Easier said than done, though.
- Say yes less. Saying yes makes me feel like a nice person and a team player, but the truth is sometimes saying no can be what’s best for all involved. If you have too many projects going on, most likely something will suffer. Not taking on too much will also be better for your mental health.
- Give less time to social media. This is a little tricky for me, considering social media is huge for staying on the forefront of blogging. However, taking a break from social media is a great way to take a step back and get your priorities in order.
- Evaluate your time. Take a good hard look at how you are typically spending your days. Are there things that you are wasting your time with? Consider redesigning your day to fit more in line with your priorities.
I’m linking up this post with Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud link-up. This link-up is all about just letting the thoughts flow. Being busy is what’s on my mind right now, so it totally works! Amanda is such a great writer and fascinating blogger. Be sure you head over and check her blog out, if you haven’t already!
Something to think about….
Do you find yourself getting crazy busy and running ragged?
What tips do you have for staying sane in a busy world?
In the spirit of Thinking Out Loud; what’s on your mind today? Tell me anything.
We’re on the other side of the hump…. only today and Friday and then it’s the weekend. Whoop! Whoop!