Good morning, folks! I hope all of my Canadian friends had a very lovely Thanksgiving, complete with plenty of pumpkin lovin’! If you guys aren’t completely pumpkined out, then check out this super easy and very quick recipe.
These no bake pumpkin oat cookies are the perfect quick little treat when you need something to satisfy that sweet tooth or that pumpkin craving; whichever may be the case. This time of year, I’m usually looking to satisfy both.
Super easy and quick cookie to satisfy your sweet tooth and pumpkin craving!
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour (You can make your own by blending oats in a food processor until they become powder. Measure after blending.)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup xylitol or coconut sugar (regular sugar will work)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling (any squash or sweet potato will work)
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk, as needed for consistency
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Then stir to combine, and form into cookies. Store in the fridge.
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's No Bake Pumpkin Balls. Use certified gluten free oats, if desired.
A little off the subject of pumpkin cookies, but equally as wonderful. I’m very excited to announce to you guys that I was chosen as a 2014 ZOOMA Run ambassador. Check out my bio here! I’ll be running the ZOOMA half marathon on April 24th at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa in Bastrop/Austin, TX. I would so love it if some of you could join me for a 5k, 10k or half. If you’re interested, register here and enter the discount code TXAMB4 for 10% off.
Something to think about….
Tell me, are you a pumpkin person?
Canadian friends, what was the best thing that you had to eat for Thanksgiving?
Have you ever ran a ZOOMA race?
See you back here tomorrow for What I Ate Wednesday!