Baked oatmeal seriously makes mornings so easy. When I was prepping for the week this past Sunday, I made up a batch of baked oatmeal to help make these busy back-to-school mornings a cinch. I love just being able to dish out yummy oats, heat them in the microwave for a minute and voila; a warm delicious wholesome breakfast is served. An added plus is the PB Crave Coco Banana Peanut Butter…. for one it tastes wonderful and for two it gives the oats some staying power. There is no getting hungry an hour later with this oatmeal.
The perfect breakfast to prepare the night before to make mornings super easy!
- 2 cups rolled oats (GF if desired)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk (other milks work too)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup PB Crave Coco Banana Peanut Butter (other nut/seed butters will work, however, taste may differ slightly)
- 2 bananas, 1 sliced and 1 mashed (reserve sliced banana for the top of the oatmeal)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 inch square baking dish or a 2 quart casserole dish with a natural non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, salt and nuts (if desired).
- In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, honey, PB Crave and mashed banana.
- Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and quickly stir just until combined. Pour oatmeal into baking dish. Top oatmeal with slices of banana.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes and until edges are golden brown. Cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired serve with fruit, additional almond milk and/or additional Coco Banana Peanut Butter.
Yesterday was the first day back to school for my kiddos and they all did great. I was especially worried about Landen, since he started middle school at a brand new school with a different teacher for every class. After school, he gave me a very detailed report of his day (which doesn’t often happen) and he had such a fabulous day. I sure hope the rest of the year continues on just as good!
Enter to win your own jar of PB Crave Coco Banana Peanut Butter! Also, get Razzle Dazzle and Cookie Nookie! See my post from yesterday for full details and a review of PB Crave peanut butters.