Happy Monday, friends!!!! I’m so excited about the AWESOME giveaway and recipe that I have for you guys today!!!
The wonderful people at PB Crave recently sent me 4 different peanut butters to review and I gladly accepted. These peanut butters are out of this world in flavor. Coco Banana is just plain awesome. Chocolate + Banana + PB = a party in my mouth! Choco Choco is a chocolaty PB fusion of flavor and my daughter’s personal fave. Cookie Nookie is my personal fave….. cookie peanut butter just has to be right. Razzle Dazzle has a light fruity flavor combined with chocolate and made a very tasty Razzle Dazzle Oatmeal.
I used Choco Choco peanut butter to make a very tasty and hearty cookie; which makes for the perfect pre or post workout snack, after school treat or after dinner dessert. This cookie would actually make a pretty great breakfast cookie, too! If you don’t have any PB Crave for the recipe, don’t worry, you can use your favorite nut or seed butter. I do have to warn you, though, your cookies may not be quite as a tasty!
Chocolate and peanut butter in a cookie! Now, what could be better than that?!?!?!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour (I used spelt. All-purpose or whole wheat will also work.)
- 1 egg or flax egg (I used a flax egg- let 1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons warm water set for about 5 minutes.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup PB Crave Choco Choco Peanut Butter (any nut/seed butter will work, but may not taste quite as wonderful!)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini chips.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare two cookie sheets with an all natural non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- Combine oats and flour in a large bowl. Combine flax egg (or egg), honey, and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet peanut butter mixture into oat/flour mixture and stir. Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon out batter to cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft right after coming out of oven. Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes on cookie sheet, before transferring them.
- To make cookies extra special, drizzle PB Crave Choco Choco peanut butter over the top of cookies! Enjoy!
Thank goodness that PB Crave is now available at Walmart Super Centers and Cost Plus World Market because I know that sooner rather than later my supply will need to be replenished. Use the PB Crave store locator, at the bottom of the PB Crave homepage, to find a store near you that carries PB Crave peanut butters. I’ve been using PB Crave on pretty much everything from smoothies to toast to crackers. I do have one problem with PB Crave….. I can’t stay out of the jar…. yikes!!!
PB Crave has so generously offered to ship one winner from the lower 48 states a Coco Banana Variety Pack, which will include coco banana pb, cookie nookie pb & razzle dazzle pb) a $22.97 value!
Check out celebrity Chef Andrew Zimmern’s Opensky Page and Video Review on PB Crave!
I’m linking up this marvelous giveaway with Katie’s Marvelous in my Monday link-up! Hope you have some Marvelous in your Monday! Head on over to Healthy Diva Life to check out all of the marvelous goings on around the blogosphere!