Welcome to Monday and if you have the day off today, good for you!!
My weekend was wonderful and pretty eventful, too. Catch-up with the posts below.
The plan today is to bring you one of the most Marvelous recipes I’ve made in a while. These stuffed bell peppers seriously surpassed my expectations and Brad loved them too!
- Bell Peppers (You will have enough filling for 6-8 peppers. I used 3 and had left over filling for wraps and salads throughout the week.)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice (about ½ uncooked with 1 cup water)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I wouldn’t recommend extra lean.)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Mexican-style diced tomatoes (Fire Roasted with Green Chilies)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained (omit if making Paleo)
- 1 cup or can of corn, drained (I used Trader Joe’s frozen roasted corn.) (omit if making Paleo)
- ½ of a medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- grated cheese (optional)
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds and ribs from the inside.
- Put peppers on a baking sheet and in the oven at 425 degrees F. Allow these to cook approximately 10 minutes, while you are preparing the rest of the meal.
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet with onion. Drain if desired and add tomatoes, beans, corn and seasonings.
- Stir all ingredients together and allow them to all warm up.
- Take peppers out of the oven and stuff full with mixture. If desired, top with cheese.
- Cook for 8-10 mins at 425 degrees F.
Surprisingly, this meal only takes about 20 minutes and is super tasty! There will be plenty of filling to make 6-8 of these to feed a crowd or for leftovers throughout the week. I only made 3 stuffed bell peppers and then Brad and I used the filling for wraps and to top salads throughout the week.
Thanks, Katie, again for hosting such an awesome link-up! Head on over to Katie’s site and check out more Marvelousness!!
Something to think about….
What was something fun you did this weekend?
Ever tried stuffed bell peppers? I’m thinking an Italian variation would be really good too!
Do you have the day off? If so, what are you up to?
Hope your Monday is SUPER Marvelous!!