In honor of 2012, I’m going to share my 12 favorite recipe posts from the past year. If you missed it, be sure to check out my 12 most popular posts from 2012.
It was really hard for me to narrow down my favorites to only 12. I tried to choose recipes that my whole family enjoys and ones that I find myself making over and over again.
12. Beet Hummus- I’ve made this quite a few times and even made it for get togethers with friends. I think it just might be one of Brad’s very favorite things that I make. It’s great as a spread or dip.
11. Paleo & grain/gluten-free Banana Bread- I’m a major breadaholic and it’s tough to find a delicious, yet healthy bread that the whole family will like. This one turned out great and we can never keep from going back for another slice.
10. Zesty Avocado Lime Quinoa- This has such a great flavor and is a side that will go with most anything from tacos to burgers.
9. Flourless Cookie Cake- This is another family favorite…..I think my sister and I could eat the whole thing in one sitting!
8. Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad- I’ve made this for many family get togethers and everyone loves it. I especially like this recipe because there isn’t any nasty mayo in it and there are lots of flavors that you wouldn’t normally associate with tuna salad.
7. Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies- With such healthy ingredients, you will not believe how awesome these cookies taste!
6. Busy Mom’s Pesto Pasta- The whole family loves this recipe, but I swear Landen requests it at least once every couple of weeks. It’s one of those go-to dinner recipes that’s a snap to put together.
5. Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats- Way more decadent and nutritious than your average rice krispy treat and there’s chocolate involved!
4. Whole Spelt Flour Pumpkin Muffins- This was not only one of my most popular recipes, but also one of my favorites. These have such a great texture that you would never guess they’re healthy muffins. I also love how you can make minor changes to the recipe for different flavors, like the Blueberry Banana version. My new favorite is the Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Muffins.
3. Arugula Chicken Pesto Wrap- This list wouldn’t be complete without Brad’s favorite recipe. I make this chicken pesto often, especially in the Summer for eating around the pool.
2. Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies- Delicious, delicious, delicious….these are very dangerous in my house!
1. Lemon Blueberry Bars- It was really a toss-up for the #1 recipe of 2012. I really love all of these in this post and just had to do my best on the order. Be careful with these bars, they are VERY addicting!
Okay, that’s all folks!! Hope you guys enjoy some, if not all of these recipes!
Everyone. have a SUPER safe and REALLY fun New Year’s Eve celebration! Check out Katie’s blog for some marvelousness “New Year’s Eve” style!!
How will you celebrate tonight?
Anyone ever been to NYC to celebrate on NYE?
My parents went one year, but us kiddos were too young and had to stay home.
Have you tried any of the above recipes? If so, let me know what you thought.