Happy day before Christmas Eve!! I will actually be celebrating Christmas with my family TODAY….YAY!!
Yesterday, was such a fun day! The gingerbread decorating and looking at Christmas lights definitely got me in the Christmas spirit.
I thought today I’d take a look at my Winter Bucket List and make sure everything’s getting done.
I’d say, I’ve been pretty successful at accomplishing this bucket list!!
1. Gingerbread House- This was a blast and I love that we went somewhere to do this because we had choices of anything we would ever want for our house. Another plus, was no mess to clean up. I would definitely consider doing this again next year.
2. Pictures with Santa- This is an every year tradition. We display all of our Santa pictures in Christmas frames every year. Even though my two oldest kiddos complained, we have our Santa picture for this year.
3. Go ice skating- Landen will make sure the ice skating happens…I’m thinking a weekend in January would be perfect for ice skating.
4. Bake Christmas cookies- This definitely happened!! There were some cookies on my baking list that I didn’t get to, but I did bake a lot of cookies. So many cookie recipes, so little time…..
5. Attend a Christmas show- We went to the ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Rockette Show. Both we’re great shows!
6. Look at Christmas lights- This was so much fun. The kids really got into the scavenger hunt, while looking at lights. I also jotted down some things that weren’t on the list that I thought should have been. Next year, I’ll be sharing my own list.
7. Listen to Christmas music- Okay, this is a total no-brainer!! Spotify is great for this too. When we’re in the car, I let the kids take turns picking their favorite song to play.
8. Drink a cup of hot cocoa- Madelyn had hot cocoa last night while looking at Christmas lights. I had some hot cocoa, when I joined her for a special Latte in the Library event at school. And believe me, there is no shortage of Christmas coffees around here.
9. Watch a Christmas movie- I really haven’t caught too many Christmas movies. I just don’t have a lot of time for the TV, but I didn’t miss my two favorites; Elf and Polar Express.
10. Read a Christmas story- Madelyn and I have read quite a few Christmas stories. One of my traditions with my kids, is to give them a new Christmas book every Christmas Eve.
11. Send Christmas cards- This got done in just the nick of time, this year. I’ll share with you tomorrow!
12. Enjoy the special moments- Done!
Something to think about……
Have you accomplished any of the items on your “Bucket List”? If so, which ones?
Anything you wanted to do, but just ran out of time?
Be sure to accomplish #12 today!!