Last night Madelyn and I put together gifts for her two dance teachers. They were very quick, easy, inexpensive, and tasty! These would also be great for classroom teachers or for your hair or nail person.
When the mugs were half price at Starbucks, I not only snatched one up for myself, but a couple for gifts too.
I’m sure most of you Pinterest fans have seen these Hershey Kiss Pretzel Bites a billion times. These are so simple a 1st grader can pretty much do everything!
My pretzel bites sure didn’t turn out near as pretty as the one’s that I see on Pinterest, but that’s okay; I’m sure they’re just as yummy. Every different recipe link I clicked, I got a different oven temperature recommendation. I tried baking the pretzels at several different oven temperatures. I had the best luck when the oven was at 170 F. If you’re not already aware, white chocolate melts much faster than milk chocolate. At 170 F, I was able to cook the milk and white chocolate at the same time and although the milk chocolate was firmer, it still worked.
Chocolate Pretzel Bites
- Hershey’s Kisses (Any flavor works. The peppermint are my favorite.)
- Bag of pretzels (small square, round or twisted pretzels work)
- M&Ms or your favorite salted nut
- Heat oven to 170 F.
- Spread pretzels out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a Hershey’s Kiss on each pretzel.
- Bake chocolate covered pretzels for about 6 mins.
- Remove from oven and quickly push down M&Ms or nuts onto chocolate.
- Allow chocolate pretzels to cool and enjoy.
And the finished product….not too shabby!
I want to acknowlege the tragedy that took place Friday. My heart breaks for the families affected by such horribleness. As a mother, former teacher and individual; I just cannot even begin to imagine what these people are going through. Katy’s post is worth reading and sums up the way I feel in a very eloquent way.