Good Monday morning!!
Let’s start off with a quick, easy, tasty, kid-friendly and make-ahead meatball recipe! My whole family loves this recipe and there are a variety of things you could serve it with. Last week when I made it, I served it with a quinoa box mix from Near East. If you haven’t checked out Near East products, you should. I’ve tried quite a few and have never been disappointed. You could also serve them with noodles, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or even on a whole wheat hoagie. I like to get these ready to go on Sunday evening and then pop them in the oven after work on Monday.
- +For Meatballs+
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, turkey or chicken (I like using ground turkey.)
- 3/4 old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup very finely minced onion
- 1-1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- +For Cooking Meatballs+
- 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- +For Sauce+
- 1 cup ketchup with no high fructose corn syrup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (regular vinegar works too)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 3 drops Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients.
- After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in flour.
- Brown meatballs in oil until just brown. Place in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, quinoa, mashed potatoes, or in a whole wheat hoagie.
- +For make-ahead meatballs+
- Complete all steps through browning meatballs and placing them in a baking dish. Cover the baking dish and place them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to cook and serve meatballs, uncover them and pour the sauce over the top and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins.
I’m linking up again today with Katie at healthydivaeats.com for another round of Marvelous in my Monday. Soooooo, why is my Monday going to be so Marvelous?
- A make-ahead meal is always a Marvelous thing!
- I’m off to feeling Marvelous on the Paleo diet and very excited to be making a major change to my diet.
- Cleaned the house yesterday and even got the kids involved. It will be so nice coming home to a clean house today.
- I think Texas has finally seen the last of the triple digits. Beautiful weather is in the forecast!!
- Lots of fun stuff planned for the month September!!
Check out the link below for more Marvelous in my Monday reads.