Granola bars have always been a go-to snack for my family….actually any bar is a go-to snack for us. We all have a major sweet tooth, so these are a favorite. They have a lovely honey infused sweetness that can be a bit addicting. I have to make myself wrap these up as soon as they’re cool or I won’t be able to keep my hand out of the pan. I tell myself, “oh, I’ll just grab this little uneven bar here” or ”this one’s a bit crumbly, I might as well eat it”…..you know how the story goes…… :-0
FYI- The crumbs are especially good in yogurt or cereal or even scooped up in the palm of your hand and eaten over the sink, so crumbs don’t end up all over the kitchen floor.
Your cast of characters are oats, almonds, ground flax, vanilla extract, salt, almond butter, medjool dates, coconut oil, chia seeds, and honey.
In a large bowl you will add 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup ground flax, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 cup almond butter, 2 tbsp chia seeds. In your food processor, you are going to pulse together 1 cup oats and 1 cup almonds. Transfer the processed oats and almonds to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and then process 1 cup pitted medjool dates. Combine the dates in with the rest of your ingredients that are in your large bowl. Last, you are going to add 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp coconut oil and 2 tsp pure vanilla extract. Use your hands to get everything combined really well. You may add another tbsp or so of honey, if you feel that you need more “stick” to the mixture. Once you get all ingredients combined you will press the mixture into a 9×13 glass dish and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
And for the printable version……
|Almond Honey Oat Bars||
- 2 cups oats, 1 cup ground & 1 cup whole
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter, or other preferred nut/seed butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and ground
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp honey (100% pure, raw and unfiltered is best) (May need a bit more to get desired consistency.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 pyrex baking dish with cooking spray.
- Grind 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of almonds in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the following: whole oats, flax, salt, almond butter, and chia seeds.
- Grind 1 cup of pitted dates in the food processor. Combine processed dates with the oat mixture.
- Add honey, coconut oil, and vanilla to the mixture and combine using your hands.
- Press mixture firmly into the pyrex dish. Use slightly wet hands to avoid sticking to the mixture when pressing.
- Bake for 25-30 mins and allow to cool several hours before cutting.
Wrap bars individually in cling wrap or seperate into baggies and store in the refrigerator.